Millinery Events Course
When I first started In Millinery, I needed money for materials and marketing, so I taught a few classes, but then a client of mine asked for a millinery hat-making event for her friends, I thought this was a fantatsic idea and something I could develop. The MILLINERY HOUSE EVENTS BUSINESS WAS BORN!
It’s fantastic because you can teach a group of people how to make a fascinator in about 3 hours without doing all the sewing yourself, and they all pay for the experience and a great way to bring money back into your business, you just need to organise it well, and I will teach you all about this in my Events Course.
After my first event, I took the idea a little further. I made a very successful business in putting on high-end millinery events in members clubs, 5-star hotels such as the Dorchester, and manor houses such as Cliveden House and Le Belmond Manoir with champagne afternoon tea.
I have held corporate events for companies such as Investec, Royal Bank of Canada, Chewton Glen, Visa and more. We also appeared on ITV during the Allan Titchmarsh show to talk about Mad Hatters and Millinery events and made a hat live on the BBC during Royal Ascot.
I love putting on these high-end events and wish I had someone to teach me how to put them on properly when I started.
What will you get:
The course will be held over six weeks with a 1-week break in between, so 7 in total.
Workbook for each training
Private Facebook group
LIVE sessions over Zoom
Week 1 – Module 1 Event USP
- In this, we will determine what type of event you want to put on and your unique selling point.
- The style.
- The price point.
- We will be narrowing all this down so you know what customers you would like to target.
Week 2 – Module 2 Create your package document.
- Building packages,
- Work out your costs, i.e., travel, time, and wages.
- We will also look into taking a deposit from your client.
Week 3 – Module 3 Press
- We will look into getting Press coverage for your events and marketing so you can bring in customers and create awareness around your business.
- This was an essential part of my strategy when I first started with these events.
Week 4 – Module 4 Event Prep
- Closing the sale with clients/ getting bookings confirmed.
- Event Preparation
- Follow up.
Week 5 – BREAK FOR A WEEK TO CATCH UP
Week 6 – Module 5 Event Companies
- Working With event companies and wedding planners to bring in business.
- I will explain how to do this, what to say, when to ring, etc.
- Email template
Week 7– Module 6 JV Partnering with Hotels and Suppliers
- We will look into Joint venturing with Hotels and suppliers.
- How to approach hotels.
- How to build a good relationship which benefits you and them.
Week 8 – Bonus Module
You will have access to a private Events Facebook group, and in this, you will be able to meet other members, gain support and get extra help from myself, and discuss any aspects of the training.
EXTRA BONUS BUNDLE
This will be on – Moving your Millinery Event business online in case we are ever in this covid situation again.
You will learn how to do this, the equipment you need, and how to make this run smoothly.
This will generally be an extra £150, but you will receive this free of charge as a bonus.
I really hope you can join us on this.
Meet Katherine Elizabeth!
I’m an award-winning millinery designer with a shop in the iconic Oxo Tower London.
I have worked with designers & artists including Jasper Gavida, Stephen Jones, The Noisetts, Lily Allen, Dita Von Teese, Jameela Jamil (to name just a few!).
I have successfully taught thousands of students all about millinery & business over the years and worked with companies such as Visa, Investec, Royal Bank of Canada to put on special millinery events in venues such as the Cliveden house, Chewton Glen, Berkley Hotel, the Rosewood Hotel.
And now I’d love to share all my knowledge & expertise with you, inside this masterclass!